Tuesday, August 15, 2006

FROM HAITI: A STATEMENT FROM THE PASTOR OF THE “TABERNACLE OF PRAISE”

My Friend and Brother David Toler:

In July 18-24 you came to my people and gave yourself tirelessly to them. Choosing to stay with us at the church compound, you suffered much inconveniences and discomforts. With joy you entered into our lifestyle and even ate what we ate. You were “one” with us, my Brother. Your love for us became evident from the beginning.

In each service you preached, it seemed you were digging a well. You were getting to know us and letting the people get to know you. You preached from the heart, not from the head. There were many hundreds of responses to the invitations given all week, about 2,000. But it was on the last night, during your last sermon something really special happened. On that night my people got “goose bumps” at the Word of the Lord to their hearts. You, not being a Haitian and not being used to them, were moved on by the Holy Spirit and He got you inside of these people’s hearts. During the invitation, I turned around, with tears in my eyes, and told you, “My Brother, you have just started and you are about to leave”. That night the Holy Spirit came like a spring of water gushing up into their hearts through your preaching. It was as though the Comforter and the “starter” teamed up at the Tabernacle that night for something more!

Since your leaving, people come to me and say, “When is the white preacher coming back. He touched our hearts.”

The enemy detained you getting to us, but God turned it around. It was good! But what God has started has yet to be finished. Please you must come back and begin to finish what God has begun through you.

We are a young ministry that will be 15 years old in January 2007. We began with three, then 20 under a tree, and now over 10,000. I need your help. There is much to do, many to train and a nation needing the “light” of the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. God has called you to us. If it were not so I would not be talking like this to you. My leadership people, about 400, need you to help them grow in the Lord and His Word, so they can become instruments of God to change this country. I believe the Holy Spirit has chosen this hour in your life and ours. Even now they ask, “When is he coming back?”

Please my Brother, my Friend, come over to our “Macedonia” and help us.

Spoken by:
Pastor Ecclesias Donatien
Tabernacle of Praise Church, Cap-Hatien, Haiti

2 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was touched by the posting I just read and want to say how refreshing it is to read about someone who is willing to discard acting like most American preachers who go overseas and have to stay in the best hotels around so as to keep some kind of an image. Your willingness to identify with the Haitians will go a long way in allowing you to be received by them.

I have been blessed reading your blog purely by chance.

Is it possible for Abbaquest to be financially gifted by others?

 
At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the comments.

Bill, I am blessed to be used of the Lord and pray God will help my inadequasies and anoint my willingness to be His instrument in these prophetic times. Your encouragement strengthens my faith and tenacity to carry through and allow the Holy Spirit to empower AbbaQuest to be His arm extended.

Chris, thank you for your comments and encouragement. I have always stayed with the Pastor's or missionaries on the mission field in order to "feel heart" with the people to whom I was ministering.

The next "blog posting" will inform readers how they can share financially with AbbaQuest. I am dependant on God to move in individuals hearts to give so the work can be done. The ministering is FREE, however, the process by which we get to the people and through which we share the Gospel takes money. Thank you for asking.

Ginny007, yes, this is a remarkable "time" in human history, a time that I believe we are going to see a great harvest of souls and national spiritual awakening in various countries throughout the world. Haiti is a prime target for the Holy Spirit to accomplish great and mighty things.

Thank you for your "believing" for harvest in Haiti.

Each of you are appreciated.

Dave Toler

 

Post a Comment

<< Home